CONQUER: the patient voice™ magazine in partnership with the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) is proud to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 2017 Hero of Hope Award!
Candidates for this award are regular people who have shown resilience or courage in the face of their cancer fights, personally or as a patient advocate or a caregiver, and have stepped outside their comfort zone to help others in their cancer battles.
We are pleased to invite you to nominate a person with cancer, a patient advocate, or a caregiver who you believe should be recognized for:
- Outstanding contributions to his/her community through fundraising and association/organization leadership
- Serving as a role model to other patients with cancer and cancer survivors
- Exuding extraordinary spirit, grace, and optimism in the face of adversity
Finalists will be profiled in the printed version of CONQUER as well as on the website. The 4 leading nominees will receive round-trip airfare to AONN+’s Eighth Annual Navigation & Survivorship Conference in Orlando, FL, as well as hotel accommodations.
Top nominees will be determined by the CONQUER: the patient voice™ editorial board and AONN+ leadership. The winner will be announced at the conference and receive a plaque recognizing his or her contributions to the cancer community as well as a donation of $1,000 made in the person's name to the charity of that person's choice.
The submission deadline is April 23.
Contest Submission Guidelines:
- Hero of Hope nominations must be made by a caregiver, friend, family member, the patient, or a healthcare professional.
- Length of story: Minimum 600 words, maximum 1400 words. Include high-resolution photos of the nominee.
- Submit your story and photos below.