Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 smoothie bowl
Smoothie bowls are a fun way to serve soft-serve–like smoothies that are packed with vegetables, fruits, and lean protein from dairy. This refreshing treat is packed with antioxidants from colorful produce and a bright green tea powder called “matcha.” Matcha green tea powder is a high-quality, extra-fine ground green tea with immune-boosting, stress-fighting properties. It’s a great ingredient to try in the New Year!
- 1 medium banana, diced into coins and frozen for at least 1 hour
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- Water and/or ice as needed to reach desired consistency
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup diced kiwi
- 1 tbsp toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a high-powered blender (like a Ninja or Vitamix) or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add water or ice as needed until your mixture is the texture of soft- serve ice cream.
- Decorate your smoothie bowl with toppings of kiwi, strawberries, toasted coconut, and chia seeds in whatever design suits your fancy. Serve right away!
Nutrition information (per serving): calories: 353; total fat: 8.5 g; saturated fat: 5.0 g; cholesterol: 12 mg; sodium: 79 mg; potassium: 807 mg; total carbohydrates: 66.1 g; dietary fiber: 10.2 g; sugars: 43.6 g; protein 13.3 g
This recipe was developed by Whitney Reist, RD, LD, and was first published on her lifestyle blog, Sweet Cayenne. You can find more of Whitney’s recipes at www.sweetcayenne.com.