This recipe from Rebecca Katz's The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen adds ginger, lemon, and honey to green tea to help reduce the natural bitter taste.
- 4 cups water
- 4 1/2-inch slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Bring the water and ginger to a boil in a saucepan, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the tea bags, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and ginger, stir in the lemon juice and honey, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving over ice.
- Throw in some frozen grapes as ice cubes, and garnish with a few mint sprigs to make a refreshing summer drink!