Conquer magazine, in partnership with the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+), is pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 2023 Hero of Hope™ Patient Award. The Hero of Hope™ Patient Award annually recognizes an individual whose life is touched by cancer for his or her outstanding contributions to the cancer community.
The recipient of the Hero of Hope Patient Award will receive a $1,000 donation made to his or her chosen charity, a plaque, a feature in Conquer magazine, and registration to the AONN+ Annual Conference.
Award consideration is based on the following. Nominee must be:
- A patient with cancer, a fighter, or survivor
- An individual who spearheads fundraising activities for the cancer community
- A leader with impactful contributions to his or her association/organization
- A role model to other people with cancer and survivors
- An individual who exudes extraordinary spirit, grace, and optimism in the face of adversity
The nomination period for the 2023 AONN+ Awards will be open through 11:59 pm ET on September 29, 2023, and a voting period will follow. Please note that you are limited to submitting 1 nominee for the Hero of Hope Patient Award.
About the 2023 AONN+ Annual Conference
Join oncology navigation and cancer care peers at the premier event for oncology navigators November 15-19, 2023, in San Antonio, TX! At the Annual Conference, AONN+ convenes oncology navigators and cancer care professionals to discuss current and emerging topics, share best practices, and forge new relationships. Learn more: https://aonnonline.org/conferences.